What a fun year I had in 2012 with the 100 towns. It's difficult to come up with a new project that has the potential to be as rewarding but Roads the Beckon is what I have in mind.
On the highway between the Blue Mountains and Lithgow there is a road named Forty Five Bends Road -- now doesn't that beg you to go and explore it, if only to count if there are 45 bends? There are other roads with wonderful names, perhaps not wonderful scenery. That is the point of this project, the road will be selected only because its name is promising and we will go see what's there. Wherever I am on the weekend I will search the map and pick the road/street name I like best.
I plan to publish the roads at Sweet Wayfaring and Blue Mountains Journal depending on where it is located, I will see if it is possible to consolidate them into a Gallery when I get some time. Perhaps the road of the week will be all I post as I expect to be pressed for time until mid year.
Burnbrae Journal will post on Sundays, participating in the Psalm challenge which I enjoyed in 2012.
Whistlers Rest will continue with occasional posts.
The Royal Collection will be updated when we find new hotels. Between us we have thus far located 79 Royal Hotels and I am sure there are plenty more for us to discover.
Comments
I took a bus over the bridge to my new locale yesterday for the first time ... very intimidating that bridge ... like crossing a rubicon of some sort ... I am formulating in my head how to start (and continue) a new blog about Castlecrag ... it is coming together and I hope to have something concrete by the end of this week.
Today I am off to Newcastle to see my other brother who is in hospital with pneumonia. Never rains but it ...
Looking forward to following you along the roads...
HNY again and safe travels...